Saturday, January 30, 2010

Visit to Florida

In January, I headed back to the States for a Florida visit. I wanted to do some work on IRREGARDLESS while I was down there and had plans to meet up with some old friends... I flew back-to-back red-eyes and wound up in Tampa blurry-eyed. I met up with Annette and we enjoyed exploring Ybor City and enjoying cigars....

And here is Annette enjoying a stick....

Annette posing in Ybor City....

Then I headed down to Mom's place in Englewood... This would be home base while I worked on the boat... In addition to me, Phil's son Peter and Peter's son Phil were staying there...

Here is Mom, Peter and Phil...

Phil and Mom having fun...

Drake came down from Jacksonville for a couple of days to help me with some work on IRREGARDLESS... But it wasn't all work...

Mom and Drake having a chat...

Here is Phil and I....

Young Phil and I headed across the state to Miami to visit Marivi... On the way, we just had to take an airboat ride...

Phil seemed to enjoy it too..!!

And we actually saw a gator or two...!!!

And it seems that I lost all my pictures after this.... Hmmmmm.... CRS strikes again... Phil, Marivi and I had a wonderful Cuban lunch and I also had a chance to see Marivi's mom... I hadn't seen her for 15 years... What a buzz.... Anyway, before I left Florida, I had a nice lunch with Tracey in Sarasota... And I did get a substantial amount accomplished on my boat... So all-in-all, a really good trip...

Of course, I spent the last 5 days in the Bay area with the grandkids and their parents... We did the obligatory trip to Rainforest Cafe... And Marley and I spent a day together exploring the maritime history of San Francisco (he got to play hooky for a day from school with Grandpa)... Again, sorry for no pix, I just don't know what happened... And then it was off to Manila and back home....

No comments: